Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Overheard in Philadelphia Potpourri

"You want some fries with that shake?" - 11 year old boys across the street from me up at Fern Rock station. I never thought I would actually hear these words uttered in any measure of seriousness.

"I just wanted to let you ladies know that you are smelling good and looking fine. Mmm yes." - Girard Ave., 9PM. My only scent that evening was Secret antiperspirant, so only part of this compliment could possibly apply to me.

"It's like when you go in your room. What do you do? You close the door." - 12-year-old in one of my classes describing the act of fertilization in an example his friend could understand. The sperm shutting the door to the egg so that no other sperm may enter, for those of you who were unclear.

"Oh, I love Harrisonburg!" - lead singer of Perkasie after I gushed about seeing them last summer at Blue Nile (they'll be playing there again soon). I got to see them on Sunday at the XPoNential Music Festival and am now even more in love with Peter Bjorn & John, among others.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Kids say the funniest things! And I missed out last night seeing Depeche Mode and Pete Bjorn and John because I had to work=sadness.