Thursday, January 22, 2009

lunchtime musings

I am disappointed to report that all of the fast food drive-thrus on Broad St. going North from Girard to Olney are McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts. OK, and one Checkers. What's a girl to do when she wants something from Wendy's but doesn't want to leave her vehicle? So now I'm sitting in the office, it's 1:17PM and there is no Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger in sight.

The whole having two jobs thing is wearing me down a bit, but it also presents new opportunities for eating and drinking in Manayunk. I will have probably been to every bar and restaurant on Main St. by the spring, which is nothing to sneeze at. And now that I have cash on hand, I can aim for my other culinary goals, such as eating every kind of cheese at DiBruno Brothers, or visiting Capogiro Gelato weekly.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like Checkers actually haha.

Hilary said...

for burgers? maybe I'll hit it up next time.